iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are here and Sprint is not holding back with their deals.
Sprint iPhone 8 deals
Trade-in deal: Trade-in an eligible device and get $350 off the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus with Sprint Flex lease via 18 monthly bill credits of $19.45. Bill credit is applied within 2 bills. This deal excludes device's sales taxes.
Need to Knows:
- the $350 discount is applied via 18 monthly bill credits of $19.95. (18 x $19.45 = $350.10) To get the full $350 discount, you will need to stay on your Flex lease for the full 18 months.
- At the end of your 18-month lease, if you wish to own the device, you'll need to pay the remaining balance which is equivalent to 6 months of the regular lease amount. You can either pay the remaining balance upfront or in 6 monthly installments.
- eligible trade-in devices include: iPhone 7, iPhone 7 plus, iPhone 6 and 6 plus, iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, GS8, GS8 Plus, GS7, GS7 Edge, Blackberry KeyONE & HTC U11, LG G5, LG G6, Samsung Note 5, LG V20, Moto Z2 Force, Pixel, Pixel XL, Moto Z Droid, Z Play, Z Force Droid, Z2 Play.
- requires a new line of service or eligible upgrade to qualify
- if you cancel service, full balance is due
Sprint: $350 OFF iPhone 8 Flex Lease
|Regular Lease Price (per month)||Lease Price w Trade-In (per month)||Upfront costs||balance due to own device after lease|
|iPhone 8 64GB||$29.17||$9.72||$0||$175.02|
|iPhone 8 256GB||$29.17||$9.72||$150||$175.02|
|iPhone 8 Plus 64GB||$33.34||$13.89||$0||$200.04|
|iPhone 8 Plus 256GB||$33.34||$13.89||$150||$200.04|
Applying this trade-in deal, here's an estimate of what you would pay each month on Sprint's Unlimited Freedom (unlimited data) plan which costs $60/month on autopay. This does not include monthly taxes and surcharges.
Sprint: iPhone 8 deal + Unlimited Data Plan
|lease payment||Monthly Total (inc. Plan)|
|iPhone 8 64GB||+ $9.72/mo||$69.72/mo|
|iPhone 8 256GB||+ $9.72/mo||$69.72/mo|
|iPhone 8 Plus 64GB||+ $13.89/mo||$73.89/mo|
|iPhone 8 Plus 256GB||+ $13.89/mo||$73.89/mo|
Along with this trade-in deal on the iPhone 8/ 8 Plus, Sprint's offering a Best Price Guarantee, promising the best price on the iPhone 8 64GB and iPhone 8 Plus 64GB. If there's a better price from a national carrier, they provide the difference via a prepaid card.
With new iPhone purchases, Sprint also offers:
- the option to upgrade to the latest iPhone every year once you've made 12-lease payments or when 50% of device's balance has been paid (this also applies in the situation that Sprint credits your account)
- $30 activation fee waived if you order online or call
Sprint's iPhone Forever program is a dedicated iPhone upgrade program where you can lease the current iPhone and upgrade every 12 months (every new iPhone model).
- Upgrade to the latest iPhone after making 12 payments on the device (or sooner as long as the equivalent of 12 monthly lease payments has been made)
- The Sprint Flex lease is an 18-month payment term --the monthly payment, however is the original purchase price of the device divided over 24 months.
- If you have not upgraded, at the end of the 18-month financing period, you have option of:
- Trading-in your current iPhone and upgrading to a new one (not recommended)
- Owning the phone by paying the remainder of the balance at once (recommended if you have paid off 18 months already)
- Continuing to pay month-to-month for 6 more month when the phone will be paid in full (recommended if you have paid off 18 months already
Sprint also offer a range of plan discounts for switching to Sprint including 5 lines of unlimited data for $90/mo for 12 months.
Buying Tip on Sprint!
An amazing buying hack exists for Sprint if you're phone / account is currently with Verizon. You can pay for the iPhone 8 outright from Apple or Verizon (paying the full RRP) and then take advantage of the $0 plan on Sprint where you can get 5 lines of unlimited data for $0/mo (plus standard taxes and fees) for 12 months.