Tons of data, cheap prices, MVNO ROK Mobile's offering the cheapest Unlimited data plan that runs on the "nation’s most reliable network."
Anyone interested in an affordable unlimited data plan and top-notch nationwide coverage should check out this ROK Mobile offer.
Whose network? Verizon
Since MVNOs often can't refer directly to the name of the network their services run on due to contractual obligations, they'll often indirectly refer to the carriers' networks on their websites and advertisements.
Why this is a good deal
You're scoring Verizon's coverage for $50/month which is great price, only $5 more a month for the market's cheapest unlimited plan price ($45/a month)and $25 a month cheaper than Verizon's $75 Unlimited plan. Be aware that ROK's unlimited plan requires that you bring your own CDMA compatible device.
ROK Mobile's Unlimited plan's features also are in line with what the major carriers are offering.
Unlimited data plan features compared: ROK vs major carriers
- Unlimited talk & text & high speed LTE data, speeds may temporarily slow down at 20GB only during times of high network traffic
- this soft speed limit known as data deprioritization is common across carriers: Sprint's is 23GB, AT&T/Verizon's 22GB and T-Mobile's 50GB
- Video streaming in SD (standard def) 480p with the option of turning 'data stretcher' feature off for higher streaming speeds
- only Sprint's Unlimited data plan offers HD video streaming. T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon's base Unlimited plans have SD streaming
- Access to 30 million WiFi hotspots via MyROK App
- this is not tethering (the ability to share your cellular data with other devices, laptops and tablets) but the option to use more WiFi access points. ROK does not offer tethering aka mobile hotspots
- Sprint's the only carrier to offer 10GB of high speed mobile hotspot as part of it's plan. AT&T's base plan offers no hotspots. Verizon and T-Mobile offer unlimited hotspots at 3G speeds.
- No contracts or credit checks required
- most of the carriers no longer offer service contracts and most of the prepaid carriers don't run credit checks or have contracts due to the fact that phones and services are paid for upfront.
- Roadside assistance
- this is a unique feature to ROK and could save you the cost of an annual membership for a motorclub.