Sprint have extended their amazing $0 unlimited data deal through July.
Just when you though that the crazy deal had ended, Sprint have silently extended the deal for another month through to July 31.
All you have to do is bring your own eligible device from one of the aforementioned carriers, buy a new Sprint SIM card, and you'll be on your way to serious free unlimited for one year.
Note that you can't just walk into a store to take advantage of this under-the-radar deal--it's only available online, Click on "get started" to confirm your phone's eligibility.
Here some other key details:
- Autopay is required
- Does not include taxes, surcharges and SIM card fee (the SIM is only $2.99)
- Upfront activation fee of $30 will be credited back two months later
- You'll be eligible for a new Sprint phone after October 1st
I won't reiterate the eligible devices--just click over to our original announcement of the deal to see the full list. After your year is up, Sprint's normal monthly unlimited rate will kick in, i.e. $60 for one line, $40 for two lines, and $30 for each additional line, up to five.
Shockingly, there's nothing locking you in to staying after that first year. Sprint is betting that most customers will stick around, though, to enjoy the lowest unlimited rates of the four major carriers.
Sprint is considered one of the "big four" carriers in the United States. Sprint's many retail locations are scattered throughout the country, and the company is headquartered in Overland Park, KS.
- Network Sprint operates a nationwide 3G/4G CDMA network on the 1900 MHz PCS band. Sprint's LTE band frequency will support bands 25 and 41.
- Coverage: Sprint consistently ranks #4 in national network coverage tests.
- Where to Buy: Sprint sells their plans and phones online and at their over 4,500 stores.
- Bring Your Own Phone to Sprint: To bring your phone to Sprint, it must be unlocked and have previously run on CDMA technology. Find out more about bringing your own phone here.
- Tethering: Customers who purchase Sprint's Unlimited Freedom Plan will get 10 GB/month for tethering purposes. Customers without the Unlimited Freedom Plan can purchase network data for $15/1GB.
- Prepaid: Sprint's prepaid arm is called Sprint Forward.
- Taxes & Fees: Sprint will charge state taxes and fees on top of your monthly cell phone plan cost.
Fact: Sprint's origins stretch all the way back to 1899 (!) with the founding of Brown Telephone Company in rural Kansas. Learn more about Sprint via our carrier review.