Need another reason to breakup with your cell phone carrier? Then consider this financial incentive: TextNow is offering customers who bring over their own phone number a $25 bill credit. Plus, when you sign up for TextNow service through this WhistleOut Exclusive deal, TextNow will add on an additional $20 account credit. That's a $45 credit that could easily translate into a month or two (depending on the plan you choose) of free service.
Here's how this deal works:
1. Choose a data plan.
All Text Now plans include:
- unlimited talk & text to US and Canada
- visual voicemail
- call forwarding
- data at 3G/4G speeds, (limit varies depending on plan). Once you've used up your data, your speeds will slow to 2G speeds.
- ability to use your phone number on any computer & tablet
- no contract & credit checks
2. Bring your phone or buy a new one. You only need to have a phone number that will be transferred from your old carrier. Those with compatible devices from Sprint, Boost or Virgin Mobile or T-Mobile, can activate their current phones on TextNow's network. If you own an unlocked CDMA or GSM-enabled device, TextNow offers SIM cards to use with your device.
TextNow: Fast Facts
- Network: TextNow offers coverage through WiFi and nation-wide data networks Sprint and T-Mobile. To see if TextNow is a good fit, check our coverage maps.
- Coverage: TextNow uses your WiFi connection first, when it is available (even for text & calls). When there is no WiFi connection, TextNow will use Sprint's nationwide network for CDMA phones and a nation-wide GSM network for GSM phones.
- Where to Buy: Since TextNow operates entirely online, plans and phones are available for purchase on the their website.