Sleek, stylish, innovative—the iPhone is many things, but inexpensive is not one of them. However, the good news is there's no need to pay full price for one, not when so many cellphone carriers are competing for your business.
After searching though the iPhone deals from over 30 cellphone service providers, here are the best offers around on iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPhone SE and iPhone 5s.
Sprint iPhone 8 deals
Trade-in deal #1: 50% off Sprint Flex lease
- the 50% discount is on the monthly lease price. At the end of your 18-month lease, if you wish to own the device and pay the remaining balance, you'll need to pay the remaining amount which is equivalent to 6 months of the full lease amount.
- eligible devices include: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy 8+, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, moto Z2 Force, LG G6, LG V20, Google Pixel/Pixel XL
- requires a new line of service or eligible upgrade to qualify
Sprint: 50% OFF iPhone 8 Flex Lease
|Regular Lease Price (per month)||Lease Price w Trade-In (per month)||Upfront|
|iPhone 8 64GB||$29.17||$14.58||$0|
|iPhone 8 256GB||$29.17||$14.58||$150|
|iPhone 8 Plus 64GB||$33.34||$18.75||$0|
|iPhone 8 Plus 256GB||$33.34||$18.75||$150|
Trade-in deal #2: Pay $0/month
Trade-in your eligible device (iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+ and Samsung Galaxy Note8) and for 18 months, Sprint will credit your account and you'll pay $0 a month on Sprint Flex.
- Both iPhone 8 64GB or 256GB are eligible for this promotion. There's $0 down payment for the iPhone 8 64GB, but the iPhone 8 256GB requires a $150 upfront payment for the device.
- Plus, the $30 activation fee will be waived if you order online or call.
- Along with these trade-in deals on the iPhone 8/ 8 Plus, Sprint's offering a Best Price Guarantee, promising the best price on the iPhone 8 64GB and iPhone 8 Plus 64GB. If there's a better price from a national carrier, they provide the difference via a prepaid card.
With new iPhone purchases, Sprint also offers:
- the option to upgrade to the latest iPhone every year once you've made 12-lease payments or when 50% of device's balance has been paid (this also applies in the situation that Sprint credits your account)
- $30 activation fee waived if you order online or call
T-Mobile iPhone 8 deals
Trade-in deal: up to $300 off
Customers who trade in their eligible (in good condition) iPhone 6 or newer will get up to $300 off a new iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X via 24 monthly bill credits on T-Mobile interest-free installment payment plan.
- Also, customers who pre-order their new iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X on T-Mobile's installment plan get the early upgrade benefit for free.
T-Mobile iPhone 8 Trade-In Deal
|Regular Phone Installment Cost (per month)||Phone Installment Cost w Trade-In Max $300 (per month)||Upfront|
|iPhone 8 64GB||$29.17||$16.67||$0|
|iPhone 8 256GB||$28.00||$15.50||$177.99|
|iPhone 8 Plus 64GB||$30.00||$17.50||$79.99|
|iPhone 8 Plus 256GB||$30.00||$17.50||$229.99|
Verizon iPhone 8 deals
Get up to $300 off on iPhone 8 when you sign up for an unlimited data plan and trade in select phones. Trade-in credit will be applied to your monthly bill over 24 months.
- $300 off: iPhone 7,Phone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, Pixel XL, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+,Galaxy S7, LG G6,Moto Z2 Force
- $200 off: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, Pixel, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note5, LG G5,LG V20, Moto Z, Moto Z Force, Moto Z2 Play
- $100 off: iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note edge, Galaxy Note4, HTC 10, Moto Z Play
- the maximum $300 trade-in value will result in a $12.50 bill credit over 24 monthly payments
- bill credits end when device balance is paid in full. If you pay off your device early, you will not receive that maximum trade-in value.
- must sign up for a line of unlimited data to be eligible
Verizon: iPhone 8 trade in deal
|Regular Installment Price (per month)||Installment Price w Trade-In Max $300 (per month)||Due at Signing|
|iPhone 8 64GB||$29.13||$16.63||$0|
|iPhone 8 256GB||$35.41||$22.88||$0|
|iPhone 8 Plus 64GB||$33.33||$20.79||$0|
|iPhone 8 Plus 256GB||$39.58||$27.04||$0|
The iPhone 7 has a few more features than its predecessor, the iPhone 6—it has a longer battery life and better camera, it is slightly faster and waterproofed—but it also comes with a higher price tag.
iPhone 7 stats: Screen size, 4.7 inches; storage, 32GB, 128GB or 256GB; rear camera, 12MPi; front camera, 7MPi
Deal #1: Sprint — Lease one and get one free
How it works: Lease one iPhone 7 (32GB,128GB or 256GB) on the Unlimited Freedom data plan, and get a second iPhone 7 with 32GB free. When leasing from Sprint, you also have the option to pay off the phone in full so you can own it.
Deal#2: T-Mobile— $300 savings with iPhone trade-in
How it works: Get $300 off your iPhone 7 when trade in an eligible iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s or 6s Plus. New phone must be financed on an 24-month agreement and the $300 amount will be credited to your account over a 24 month period.
Deal#3: Credo — $200 off plus 25% off line fees
How it works: Get up to $200 off your phone when you sign up for a two-year contract with Credo Mobile using code 404345 (will already be applied at checkout). To sweeten the deal, they’ll take an additional 25 percent off line fees for 24 months.
Deal #4: Virgin Mobile — $100 off
How it works: get $100 off this phone with this on-line exclusive deal. Requires signing up for unlimited data plan, Inner Circle.
Apple’s workhorse, the iPhone 6 offers a score of premium features for the best value. It’s bigger, better and faster than earlier iPhone models yet still holds its own against the newer iPhone 7. Should you consider this phone? Absolutely!
iPhone 6 stats: Screen size, 4.7 inches; storage, 16, 64 or 128 GB; rear camera, 8MPi; front camera, 1.2MPi
Deal#1: Boost Mobile — $200 off plus $100 account credit
How it works: When you purchase this phone online, count on getting a $200 instant discount AND a $100 account credit.
Deal #2: Virgin Mobile — $300 off
How it works: get $300 off this phone with this on-line and web exclusive deal! Requires signing up for unlimited data plan, Inner Circle.
Considered by many to be the “mini me” of the iPhone 6s, the iPhone SE has proven to many that good things do come in small packages. Every bit as fast as the 6s, it’s missing some bells and whistles such as 3D Touch and a larger screen, but it holds its own in camera quality and even shoots out ahead with its longer lasting battery. It’s a solid product with a reasonable price tag!
iPhone SE stats: Screen size, 4 inches; storage, 16/64; rear camera, 12MPi; front camera, 1.2MPi
Deal#1: MetroPCS — $200 off
How it works: Get up to $200 off this phone after all offers in-store.
Deal#2: Virgin Mobile — $200 off
How it works: Get up to $200 off this phone with this on-line exlusive. Requires signing up for unlimited data plan, Inner Circle.
True, the iPhone 5s is the budget model of the iPhone lineup, but it is still a solid performer and available for a cheap price. Can anyone say “kid’s first phone” better? I don’t think so. Feature-wise, the difference between the iPhone 5 and 5s isn’t much. The 5s runs a bit faster, and its battery lasts a tad longer.
Since the iPhone 5s is no longer in production, stock is limited and when it’s gone, it’s gone. If you want the Apple iOS experience without the price tag, check these deals out.
iPhone 5s stats: Screen size, 4 inches; storage, 16/32/64GB; rear camera, 8MP; front camera, 1.2MP
Deal#1: Freedom Pop — Low price of $169
How it works: Get the Apple iPhone 5s 16GB for only $169.